Whenever I am in need of a pick-me -up I look to the Green Goddess, Kimberly Snyder who never fails to deliver an organic remedy. Kimberly is Dita Von-Teese’s nutritionist and she must be doing something right as Dita looks pretty good for 41, don’t ya think?
Here are Kimberly and Dita looking radiant.
My favourite recipe by Kimberly is The Glowing Green Smoothie, best drank first thing in the morning as a substitute for breakfast. If you have been working/partying too hard then I can’t recommend this recipe enough. It is packed with energy and does wonders for your skin. This smoothie may look like pond water but it tastes like apples and lemon, honest!
Makes approx 2.5 pints
• 500ml water
• ½ head organic spinach
• 1 head organic romaine lettuce
• Juice of ½ lemon
• 3 or 4 sticks celery
• 1 organic banana
• 1 pear
• 1 apple
• Chop up all of the fruit/veg apart from the Banana
• Fill your blender with the water, spinach and lettuce and blend until smooth
• Add the celery, apple, pear and blend again
• Add the lemon juice and banana then blend
• Make your smoothies in batches and freeze them. This way you only have to wash up once!
• Go veggie shopping at the market rather than the supermarket. The fruit and veg is usually double the size (which saves money) and much more tasty
My beautiful sister Rachael stocking up on veggies at the local market.
Find out more about Kimberly Snyder here.